Power Transmission & Distribution
KPTL has world class design capabilities emanating from a rich pool of highly qualified and experienced team of design engineers combined with cutting edge technologies and an unparalleled experience of having designed virtually all types of towers across the globe. The Company focuses on innovation, safety and cost effective design solutions aligned to ensuring ease of manufacture and construction. These are adhered to stringent technical and quality demands of the domestic and international clients. Its Design and Drawing department at Gandhinagar is recognised as R & D centre by Ministry of Science and Technology, the Government of India.
The Design department has adopted new material / new product in design of towers and foundation to achieve unique concept for ease of execution, safety and reliability of transmission lines. For surveying, KPTL has expertise to use the latest technology of Aerial Lidar & Terrestrial Lidar for generating accurate DTM data with speed.
Other Design and Engineering department capabilities include:
- 3D analysis & design software (PLS tower/I-tower/STADD III/PLS Pole) for optimizing use of Mild Steel and High tensile Steel.
- BOCAD – 3D drafting software with automatic generation of shop drawings for fabrication, CNC data generation for manufacturing in CNC machines.
- PLS CADD for tower profiling.
- In house software for foundation & Pile designing and construction drawings.
- In house software for development of sag templates and generation of sag tension charts for line stringing.
- Developed tower designs up to 765 KV S/C & D/C as per IS/IEC/ASCE/DIN/ Vietnam standards.
- Developed detailing up to 1200 KV.
- Developed number of special designs like: Tall River crossing towers, Pile foundations, Raft foundation, Grillage foundation, Augur Foundations etc.
The design team keeps itself abreast of the latest developments by regularly participating in international conferences and seminars organized by CBIP, Grid Tech, CPRI, CIGRE, Paris etc.