Power Transmission & Distribution
KPIL has a Tower testing and R&D station with sophisticated and state of art equipment that ranks it amongst largest and best of its kind across the world.
KPIL set up its own Tower Testing Station and R&D Centre near Gandhinagar using innovation in design and construction with the latest facility. It has capacity of
testing of testing up to 800 KV of Double Circuit Tower and 1200 KV of Single Circuit Tower, with 30×30 meters of base width and 85 meters of height. KPIL has successfully
tested more than 380 towers for various domestic and international clients ranging from 220 KV To 1200 KV.
KPIL’s strength is in its in-house R&D that is backed by a multi-disciplinary team of specialized engineers, sophisticated software and hardware facilities that provide
value-added integrated engineering services for clients as part of comprehensive EPC services.
The company’s tower testing station has been accorded “Recognition of In-house R&D center” by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Tested 500 KV Double Circuit tower with Triple Conductor for Arab Republic of Egypt Ministry of Electricity & Energy weighing more than 76 MT with height of 80 meters, one of the tallest.
- Heaviest tower tested is 400 KV D/C Tower of 132.65 MT for QATAR POWER TRANSMISSION SYSTEM PHASE: 12 (OHL). Height of the tower was about 68.6 meters with base width around 26.22 meters.
- Tested 1200 KV S/C Tower for Power Grid Corporation of India.
- Among the heaviest multi-circuit tower tested by company is 400 KV M/C tower of 78.36 meter height and Weighing more than 118 MT for KARNATAKA POWER TRANSMISSION CORPORATION LIMITED with base width of 26 m.
- Tested 765 KV Double circuit towers with Hexa ACSR Zebra conductor for Power Grid India weighing more than 82 MT with height 67.05 meter.
- First time in India, the company has tested eight legged tower for Ukraine project.
- Testing Capacity: Single Circuit Tower up to 1200 KV. Double Circuit Tower up to 800 KV
- Tower Base Width: Maximum 30.0 meter x 30.0 meter
- Base Configuration: Square or Rectangle
- Maximum Height of Test Tower: 85 meters
- Maximum Cross Arm Spread: 40 meters
- Maximum Uplift per Leg: 500 MT
- Maximum Compression per Leg: 625 MT
- Safe Over Turning Moment: 27,000 MTs – mts.
- Touch Screen Based compact Central Control station for application of Loading
- Tree Structure Test Load display for Viewers
- Capacity to measure strain in critical members, it can be converted to real time axial forces.
- Tower testing facility is fully automatic with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) software technology
- Print out of the Calibration results, Load Test results and Peak load on Destructive Test can be obtained.
- Inverters or AC variable drive has been used so that variable loading speeds can be obtained without using additional motors for winches.
- Helicopter Erection Simulation of tower through tower crane
- Recording of testing activity by four close circuit cameras at different locations
- Electric Winch – 47 nos
- Load cell capacity upto 40 MTs.
- Central control station with signal conditioner
- A Universal Testing Machine (UTM) capacity 60 MTs.
- Tree structure Load display for viewers
- Tower Crane (65 Meters Height with boom radius of 70 Meters)
of upto 1,200 kv
facility to test
upto 85 mtrs tower
380 towers for